We came to Zurich now because Seth's former work colleagues from Connecticut, London and Hong Kong were all in town for a conference. It was alot of fun to meet up with them for dinner.
Memories only since Seth has been monopolizing the laptop for Diablo II :-)
- arriving in the train station: KOOL telephones. no more Rosti bar,
blue flying lady. no rooms at the Hilton (Seth's colleagues) or Zum Storchen
- walking around in the morning with others going to work down the Bahnhof Strasse: seeing the UBS signs where SBC used to be. dropping into the Storchen and being remembered
- seeing what the cheap French hotel was like, but not being able to check in for hours
- going to tourist info and getting the hotel RIGHT BY the beerhall wolf. Sleeping. Tara going out to try to get tickets for Greece
- dinner at the Hilton
- arranging dinner with Robi. Deciding not to go to Greece (just too
hard to organize. flights full. hotel not answering e-mail & hanging
up on me alot)
- Enjoying being in Zurich and finding a free Internet connection at a computer shop showing the new mac cube
- Dinner with Robi and Mosh. Drinks first (all over Tara). Then the view from atop. Then the red light district. (oh, Robi with no hair now). Yummy Italian.
- Seth's drunk friends showing up and drinking/dancing at Beerhall wolf
- Deciding to stay ANOTHER day. Getting a room with TV and Bath. Going
to the Leonardo exhibit and enjoying the former needle park behind. Siting
on the bench with Seth sleeping and me doing postcards. Excellent weather!
- YummySwiss food at the swords restaurant
- Seth being silly at the lake front
- Laundry and the crazy cow.
- LOTS of internet time. The unexpected decision to go to Murnau
- blowing the budget as Murnau would be pracically free
- cows in the station
|Ease of Journey||6|